I signed on to Destiny on Friday, April 7, unsure who I would run Trials of Osiris with at drop.
I picked up K1NGD1LLY from DestinyLFG.net. His post said that he was a 1.8 K/D player with a 2k elo on his main account. I invited K1NGD1LLY to my party, and started my stream while looking for a third player.
I took K1NGD1LLY to a private match to kick the tires a bit, expecting an even matchup. The first match was slow – K1NGD1LLY was still running a PvE loadout. I didn’t have my Trials loadout on me, so I ran the Palindrome, a weapon that I rarely use. In our second private match, he managed a single kill while I had my attention turned to picking up a third player.
What I saw during our 1v1 session was a player who had limited confidence on the offensive. He expressed surprise time after time over his own deaths (“two-tapped!” “one-hit melee!” – no on both counts).
I ran one passage with K1NGD1LLY. More surprises, or lack thereof, as the web of lies grew. The good stuff is below:
- 8:33 “I don’t understand why this guy is running off – probably wants to use a sniper or something here”
- 10:14 I ask K1NGD1LLY what his main account is, and K1NGD1LLY claims that Taitors is his main. I follow up by asking why Taitors is comm-banned, and K1NGD1LLY offers a plausible explanation
- 11:02 “I don’t get why he keeps running away. It’s kind of – it’s really weird. To me this is highly, highly…”
- 17:38 “I don’t really believe this guy, but he could surprise me.”
- 21:11 “I’m just having a really tough time believing this man, and I have no team. This is really frustrating.”
- 26:08 “I don’t fucking trust this guy at all. He doesn’t know the map – is he just playing stupid? He doesn’t ever push me in a 1v1… What the fuck? I don’t get it. I’m taking a risk – if he’s a bullshitter, then fuck him. He says he’s on a recov – I don’t know if it’s true or not. And didn’t really give me a good opportunity to find out. Like, I get consistently outgunned by people playing at my skill level with this thing [the Palindrome], because I don’t fucking use it.”
- 31:50 “Alright, so we’re going in. If this guy [K1NGD1LLY] turns out to be a complete shitter, we ditch him and pick up Foogba, because Foogba is OG.”
- 39:30 K1NGD1LLY says that he hates the Hunter melee and claims that he mains a Warlock – Taitors mains a Hunter
- 41:10 K1NGD1LLY bails from my res and walks into a 1v2 after our team has gotten the refrag on my killer, then asks, “Who runs flashbangs?”
- 42:09 “I don’t trust him because his decision-making… Who the fuck tethers in a 2v1 like that? What is that?”
- 53:55 I ask K1NGD1LLY for details on his supposed account recovery
- 56:30 I call K1NGD1LLY out
- 57:35 K1NGD1LLY says, “I just think it’s pretty funny how you don’t believe me, but the game that we lost I played better than you, and we played bums.”
- 1:00:55 I begin a monologue about the difficulty ahead, given what I know about K1NGD1LLY’s performance across the passage. Out of nowhere, K1NGD1LLY says that if I want him to play, he’ll play. As luck would have it, we run into a team that defeats us
- 1:21:10 I wish K1NGD1LLY good-bye, and he dips without a word
After reviewing my session on Sunday, April 9, I sent a message over XBL to Taitors. I didn’t know if he would respond, but he did, and the rest is history.
PlanetDestiny blacklisted K1NGD1LLY from using DestinyLFG.net:
— Planet Destiny (@DestinyNews_net) April 9, 2017
If you use DestinyLFG.net, do yourself a favor and claim your gamertag. That, alone, is enough to stop most people from misrepresenting themselves as you. I’ve been informed that, as of Saturday, April 8, DestinyLFG.net requires you to claim your gamertag to use their service.
K1NGD1LLY’s Bungie.net Profile www.bungie.net/en/Profile/Membership/254/13489403
I had the opportunity to run a passage with the real Taitors on Monday, April 10:
I am pleased to report that the real Taitors is a solid player.